Updated: Jul 2, 2020
Did you know April 22nd is Earth Day?
Thankfully, the holiday is easy to enjoy and celebrate as a family while physically distancing ourselves due to the COVID19 pandemic.
Below are 5 great ways you and your family can show Mother Nature that you appreciate her:
1. Grow your own fruits or vegetables. Not only is this fun and educational, but you get to enjoy your very own produce. Home Depot has a how-to video and you can order the necessary tools online!
2. Make a bird feeder. Use recycled items such as, toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, milk cartons etc.
3. Become more environmentally conscious. Create a list as a family of simple things you can do at home to help protect our environment on a daily basis. Some ideas include turning off lights, not leaving the water running while brushing your teeth, avoiding plastic products and straws etc.
4. Take a walk. Walking has SO many benefits-- from reducing your carbon footprint, boosting endorphins, and improving your physical health. Not to mention, it is a great time to disconnect from phones and screens and enjoy nature with the family.
5. Have a picnic with locally grown vegetables and fruits. Eat the rainbow! Many farms and farmers markets are offering pick up and/or delivery during COVID19. If the farm is close to your house, you and the family could walk or bike there. Don't forget to pack your food in eco-friendly containers!
I hope that my list will help you and your family give Mother Nature a big hug on April 22nd!
Until next time,