Dinner Talk: Family Conversation Starters
If you know me, you know that I am rarely at a loss for words.
Even though COVID19 has us cooped up in the house, I never run out conversation-starters.
“How was your day at school?” just is not going to cut it when class is being held in the kitchen or living room.
Below are some kid-friendly ideas to keep the chatter interesting at the dinner table:
1. What are 3 things you like about yourself and why?
2. What is your favorite memory?
3. What is your first memory?
4. What makes you feel loved?
5. Who do you admire and why?
6. If you won the lottery, what would you buy and why?
7. What do you like most about your sibling(s)? Parents?
8. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
9. What is your favorite family tradition?
10. What would you do if you were the president?
11. What is your dream job and why?
12. If you could create a holiday, what would it be called and how would it be celebrated?
13. What are your goals for the school year?
14. What is one family rule that you wish you could change?
15. If you could eat only 1 food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
16. What would be your superpower?
17. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
18. If you were a food, what would you be and why?
19. What are you scared of and why?
20. What is the craziest dream you have ever had?
Whatever you do...Keep talking!!! Dinner conversations are so important. Not only will you learn new things about each other, but these conversations can be inspiring, motivational, and strengthen family bonds.
Until next time,